Episode 61: SSS (50:45)
This week we gush about fabulous gifts from YOU! We talk about hats good for Single Skein September, how we are using Ravelry, and how sometimes the knits you abandoned are really good projects.
Upfront: Thank you!
Thank you, Ravelers, for such a wonderful gift! If the gushing embarrasses you, you can skip to minute 8. Thanks to Goldiegirl for orchestrating this amazing present. Thank you Roxanne from Artfibers!
Single Skein September
- Jenny searched through 89 pages of free patterns and added them to her favorites.
- Ravelry now has Boolean searching
- Nicole's favorites
- Spring Cap by Woolly Wormhead
- Lauren by Ann Weaver
- Jenny's cool Center Square
- The hat above is the Unoriginal Hat
We talk about so many hats that you should just check out our favorites to see what we are loving on Ravelry these days!
Hat tips: girls like colors!!
How we are using Ravelry
- Wow! Where'd you get that cardigan thread
- Search forums before asking a question because the answer might already be out there
- Netflix group
- Knitting Nurses group
- Norah Gaughan group
- Groups are great support!
- Pattern search
- Friend activity ROCKS!
- KismetKnits Nantucket
- Habitat is now for sale
Guess who's coming back to the needles? It's Nicole's dad's sweater!
- Dad's sweater
- It's a keeper! It's handsome and toasty.
- I want to add pockets
- How can I add width? Perhaps a gusset, thereby making it into a modified drop shoulder.
- Inspired by hcarey's Paul's Hooded Cardi
- I could also steek the back piece and make a cable panel up the back!
- Udot: Continental
- Thao with the Get Down Stay Down: Bag of Hammers
- Lightspeed: Champion Drylips